Feedsee RFID : Casino RFID : Crown Macau opens with state-of-the-art RFID plaques
In 2007, GPI completed and delivered an order from Crown Macau Casino for the production for approximately 70,000 Bourgogne & Grasset high frequency (13.56MHz) RFID plaques. GPI supplied several sets of the state-of-the-art plaques using high frequency RFID technology from Magellan. The order was also for all of the wheelchecks with its Bud Jones roulette chips. Crown Macau, which recently held the opening ceremony of its 220 table games, is another casino supplied by GPI in Macau where the company has a significant market share, as it has previously provided chips and/or plaques to all of the current casino operators in this Chinese territory. GPI supplies casino currency and table game supplies to the gaming industry.
RFID technology has a significant impact on the casino gaming industry, enhancing security measures, improving operational efficiency, and enabling accurate tracking of gaming chips. Here's how RFID is used in this context:
- Tracking Casino Chips: RFID chips embedded in casino chips allow for real-time tracking of the chips. This makes it possible to immediately know the chip count at a table and track the movement of chips across the casino floor. It also prevents counterfeit chips from being used.
- Table Game Management: RFID readers integrated into gaming tables enable automatic and accurate calculation of wagers and payouts. They also help in capturing game speed and determining player ratings which can be used for providing personalized services to patrons.
- Security Enhancements: RFID technology enhances security in casinos by tracking unusual chip movements or betting patterns, which can indicate cheating or theft. For instance, an RFID system can alert security if a high denomination chip unexpectedly leaves the table.
- Data Collection and Player Behavior: Casinos can use RFID to track betting habits and game preferences of players. This information can be used for marketing purposes, offering personalized services, and improving customer experiences.
- Inventory Management: RFID provides an efficient way to manage chip inventory. With RFID, casinos can ensure they have an adequate number of chips on the floor and can quickly detect any discrepancies.
- Player Cards: Some casinos use RFID embedded player cards to track play and to provide rewards and incentives to players. This helps to improve customer engagement and loyalty.
The adoption of RFID technology in the casino industry has improved operational efficiency, provided detailed analytical data, enhanced security, and improved the overall customer experience. As the technology continues to improve and become more cost-effective, it's likely that its use in the casino gaming industry will become even more widespread.